For a foreigner, in order to acquire Driving licence, it necessary to:
- attend a driving school;
- finish the course on the first aid;
- undergo medical examination;
- pass the theoretical exam at CSDD. The questions of the theoretical exam are focused on understanding different traffic situations rather than on formal memorizing of rules. This exam is to be taken on a PC in one of the following languages: Latvian, English, French, German or Russian;
- pass the driving exam at CSDD. During that the skill of the new driver to perform maneuvers which are necessary most often is evaluated, as well as ability to join the traffic flow both in town and outside. Since 2005 modern vehicles – cars and motorcycles – are used for practical exams all equipped with digital videosurveilance systems. This allows for recording the course of the exam and to analyze it in case of appeal, as well as to see that inspectors comply with professional criteria set by CSDD and to eradicate corruption;
To exchange the Driving licence the following is necessary: passport or personal identification card (the person must have Latvian personal identification code); the Driving licence to be exchanged; valid medical examination card (it must be presented, if no data is available in the CSDD Register). It can be verified by using e-services of CSDD or by calling information line of CSDD (payable) 90004099. The medical examination card is issued by family doctors and designated commissions at medical establishments.
For more information on groups, time, etc., please contact us.
Autoschool “Fortunaauto” was founded in 1994 and since then, it is successfully operating for over 20 years. Going through different times, our school has gained customer loyalty and has given the opportunity to own license to more than 40 000 personalities in the category needed.
Our mature experience has showed that the key steps to effective result is qualified teachers and instructors as well as the administrative support team. The “Fortunaauto” team is qualified and owns a big experience behind, that helps to operate and offer the best option possible for our client.
Our Headquarters are located in the Centre of Riga. For our client convenience, we have branches all over Riga and Latvia.
Our moto – “Study with joy – we are here to serve you”.
We offer a wide range of categories: A, B, C, D, E, 95th code, as well as water transport (ships -12m) and TR1, TR2, TR3, TR4 for tractors.
* Meanwhile it is possible to go through a training with our school’s instructor in practical driving with either manual or automatic transmission (in case you already own the license with willing to gain useful skills).
Please contact us to learn more.
Please contact us to learn more. We will be happy to solve out the questions you have!
The Coordinator: Inga
Office location: City centre – Merkela str. 3, Riga.